Suit Direct Hire Terms & Conditions and Terms of Hire
Standard Terms and Conditions of Hire
These Terms and Conditions of Hire govern the relationship between you and us. Only place an order
with us if you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
In no event will this hire agreement cover a period in excess of 3 months.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE:
HIRE OF GARMENTS
- We will hire to you the garments detailed on your order form as long as they are within the size range available. Please note that it is not possible to carry out alterations to garments as you might expect if you had purchased them.
- All garments are quality checked and processed after each hire and every effort is made to ensure the quality is to high standard and that garments are free from any defects. However, due to dry- cleaning, there may be a slight shading difference in garments, especially where garments are ordered for a large wedding party.
We reserve the right to substitute to the nearest half size as follows:
- Jacket size +2 inch
- Jacket length + or - 1 inch
- Trouser Length + or - 1 inch
- Trouser waist +2 inch
- Top hat size +1/8
- Shoes +1/2 size
- Shirt collar +1/2 inch
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU:
- You must place your order online. It is your responsibility to check that all the details of your order (e.g. function date, garments, sizes, etc) are correct.
- The hire period is deemed to start from 9am on the day of the function. If hires are required before or after the standard delivery and return dates, an additional charge of £10 per day is payable.
- A minimum deposit of 50% of the groom's outfit must be paid on placing the order.
- If Groom Goes Free offer is applied and the deposit value of the order becomes zero, a minimum deposit of £50 is required on placing the order. This will be refunded when the remaining outstanding balance is paid in full.
SIZING YOUR OUTFITS
- You must try on all garments on day of delivery to ensure they fit.
- If the fit is not satisfactory, you must report this to us immediately or no later than 2 working days from the delivery of your outfit. You can call us on 0141 781 6530 to report this. If you do not report that a garment does not fit and request a replacement item(s) within this time we cannot guarantee that such replacement items can be delivered in time for your Function Date. If we are able to deliver such replacement items, a charge of £5.95 will be applied to cover delivery - payment of which will be your responsibility. Any additional charges will be added to the sums set out on the order form and will be payable.
- You will be responsible for and we shall have no liability for your own expenses (e.g. travel costs, time off work, etc.) incurred during this fitting process - even if the garment has a fault.
- We will have no liability for any costs, expenses, losses or damages incurred or suffered by you or for timely delivery of the hired garments as a result of your failure to comply with any of the above requirements in this section 4.
CANCELLATION OF ORDER
- If you need to cancel your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please cancel your order within 14 days of the order date to receive a full refund. Any orders cancelled 14 days after the order date will receive a 50% refund unless the despatch date is within 14 days. If your order is within 14 days of the despatch date you will not be refunded. If your order has already been shipped, you cannot cancel and it will not be refunded.
- In certain circumstances we may need to cancel an order before it has been dispatched to the user.
- As the individual who places the order online, if you are hiring garments for more than one individual, you will procure the compliance with these Terms and Conditions of the Hire by all other members of your party and you will indemnify us in full for any costs, expenses, losses or damages incurred or suffered by us as a result of any failure by any member of your party to comply with these Terms and Conditions of Hire.
DELIVERY OF GARMENTS
- Garments will be delivered to a UK Mainland address only.
- Outfits will be delivered by DPD who provide a one-hour delivery window on all parcels. Standard delivery days are Monday to Friday.
- You must try on all garments on day of delivery to ensure they fit.
- If DPD leave a calling card, it is your responsibility to contact DPD. The phone number is on the calling card along with an 8 digit number at the top of the card to allow you to rearrange delivery.
- Replacement boxes will not be provided by us or our chosen courier.
- The total hire charge is payable 15 days prior to the function date.
- Outfits will not be dispatched until all outfits have been paid in full, sizes for all garments have been entered, and delivery information has been submitted for all outfits. A change of address cannot be requested when the parcel is out for delivery or still in transit.
- You can contact DPD customer services on 0121 275 0500 regarding all delivery enquiries.
EXTENDED HIRE - (BEFORE OR AFTER THE FUNCTION DATE)
- Hire orders may be extended for additional days at a rate of £10 per outfit per day, subject to availability for a maximum of 3 months.
- Late orders will be any order placed less than 15 days prior to the function date. Late orders may be accepted at the discretion of Suit Direct Hire, but we cannot guarantee that garments that are the subject of a late order can be delivered in time for your Function Date. If we are able to deliver such late orders, additional carriage charges will be charged, payable at point of order.
RETURN OF GARMENTS
- You are responsible for the safe return of all hired garments in an undamaged condition. You will indemnify us and keep us indemnified against any loss or damage to the garments during the period they are hired to you and/or any failure to return any garment bags or hat boxes.
- Garments will be delivered by courier on the date stated on the order.
- Outfits should be returned on the date stated, in the suit bag and box provided. All you have to do is stick the DPD returns label we’ve supplied onto the top of your original box, place all garments and the suit bag back in the box, reseal it using the adhesive tear strip underneath the front panel and return it to a DPD Pickup Shop. There are 2,500 of these throughout the UK. Find your local one here:https://www.dpd.co.uk/apps/shopfinder/
- If you fail to return any hired garments, we will pursue the return of all garments and all monies owing.
CARE OF GARMENTS
- Please treat the garments with reasonable care.
- Please take particular care with top hats. Under no circumstances should they be thrown in the air.
ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE WAIVER
- Payment of Accidental Damage Waiver (ADW) by you covers any charges that would normally arise following accidental damage to any or all of the garments provided that they were being used appropriately (with the exception of top hats, which are NOT covered by the ADW).
- ADW does not cover lost or stolen garments or garments which have, in our opinion, been damaged through inappropriate use or malicious damage.
- Please remember that any personal insurance you may already hold does not cover the garments owned by us.
- We reserve the right to charge you for and you will be responsible for the replacement cost of any garment which is lost, stolen or returned damaged (unless covered by our ADW). A full list of charges is available on request.
LATE, MISSING AND DAMAGED GOODS
- Our charges for renting garments are set out on our website and are calculated for the rental period.
- When you place your Order, you will be advised of the total rental charges payable by you with respect to your Order in the Order Summary, calculated according to the information you provided. Each time you change your Order in accordance with these Terms and Conditions thereafter, we will advise you of the total rental charges that apply as a result of your change by updating your online Order Summary to show the updated rental charges payable by you.
- During the checkout process, you will be asked to provide a valid credit or debit card before completing your order.
- The rental charges include VAT.
If a rental is not returned for any reason or that rental is damaged beyond repair, you will also be charged in accordance with the following charges:
- If you return your Order late, then we will need to charge the card on file a late fee of £10 per day, per Order for the first 5 days that the items are late. Once this 5-day period has elapsed, the full amount per item, as set out above, will be charged to the card on file. We do not wish to make this charge so if there is a reason why you are unable to comply with the requirement, just call us and we’ll work something out.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- We will not be liable for any loss of profits, any indirect and/or consequential losses.
- In any event our liability is limited to the full hire cost of the order in connection with which any claim or potential claim relates.
- All product prices shown on the website are inclusive of any applicable UK VAT. Where you have requested delivery of your order to a UK Mainland or Northern Ireland address, the total cost of your order will include UK VAT.
VAT RECEIPTS FOR ONLINE PURCHASES
- For purchases from www.suitdirecthire.co.uk, please quote your order number and send your request to: ACS Clothing Limited, Finance Team, 6 Dovecote Road, Eurocentral, North Lanarkshire ML1 4GP (or email to email@example.com). Any VAT receipts will be made out to the bill-to name and address used when the order was placed.
Back to Top